Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Big Dollop of Spirituality in the Kitchen?

Hi There,

Isn't 2012 the most extraordinary year so far? So many people I've talked to feel as though things are finally going their way. I have to say this is definitely the case for me & I'm loving every moment of the ride!

Happily settled into my divine new home in Old Bar NSW I do just love living a stone's throw from the beach again. It is so relaxing & rejuvenating at the same time.

Easter was lots of fun & my home was filled with family slothing all over the furniture, afternoon naps, 5pm Gin & Tonic's & so forth. Just as things should be in a beach side house! I cooked & cooked to my heart's content which was so much fun & something I haven't done for the family in ages at holiday time. Invariably I would be so exhausted & snappy so didn't always have the energy to cook. Familiar with that feeling?

So far 2012 has allowed me to slow down as well as the chance to reflect on many things from past years. What am doing? Where I am going? What have learnt? Who am I? Who do I want in my life? What do I want in my life? You know just the big questions of life! I'm happy to say by taking time out from everything & everyone I have a clearer direction then ever in moving forward.

A huge part of who I am & who I have always been as a Chef is to incorporate Spirituality into my Food & Career. It has been something I have always naturally done without even thinking about. Yet a topic I couldn't ever talk about openly with many people until now. People over the years have asked me time & time again what is it about my food that tastes so good & how can they do it. The honest answer is & I tell them put Love into what you are making. Sure I've had my fair share of looks from people thinking I'm cuckoo! But they asked, I was honest so I told them one of my secrets. Another tip: the recipe is only the small part to creating masterpieces.

Starting over the coming months I am taking the Chef in Heels to new & experimental levels which is very, very exciting. I always love trying new things & thought it was time to mix things up again! So my Workshops & Classes are going to have a new flavour & style to them. Yep you guessed it. I'll be teaching students how to put more 'love' into their food. The way see it Spirituality has a huge part in preparing food. Besides what do you think saying Grace before a meal is all about?

The classes will vary in style as well. Some people love to just sit back, relax, watch, then eat. Others just can't wait to get their fingers into the pie so to speak & dive right in. I love teaching both styles & am looking forward playing & seeing you in either, or both of my classes.

Currently we are in the process of confirming Locations, Venues, Dates, Times etc.. so check back for details. Some will be in the Manning Valley of NSW where I am living, others will be in Sydney, Byron Bay area & Brisbane.

Our first stop is Tyalgum, near Byron Bay the weekend of 25th & 26th May.

Thanks for popping by & as the magic continues to unfold I will let you know.

With love & blessings

J-A xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment