Friday, December 30, 2011

Reflections of 2011


Hi There,

It is almost the end of 2011.
Wow.. and what a year it has been for myself and so many others.

This year I have had opportunities to cook for underprivileged children, the super wealthy of Australia’s who’s who, my family, friends & many of you. I am so blessed that my career has been and still is so diverse so thank-you for supporting me.

This year has been full of many funny moments, frustrating moments, stressful moments, sad moments, calm moments and very loving moments. Basically a typical day in a kitchen!

One of the most rewarding things I have done this is year has been cooking for underprivileged kids. These little ones are so special and goodness knows what they have to contend with at home. Their uplifted spirits truly leaves me speechless. A magical moment I can share is that the kids get so excited because I cut the crusts off their sandwiches! Doesn’t everyone? Something seemingly so small to me yet, I had no idea it would give such pleasure to little ones.

Then there was the strangest thing. I was asked to go & cook for a famous family for a few weeks, so off I went. When I arrived at the Mansion for my first day I had to be interviewed by 2 x 60kg Rottweiler dogs.. omg.. if they liked me I could stay & if they didn’t, well I really don’t want to think about the consequences. I did have a moment when one was checking out the front of me & one checking the back of me & I had realization of ‘omg they can smell the cat on me’. Fortunately I am here to tell this brief story so all was well.! A good thing I love dogs as these 2 hang out in the kitchen most of the time so all was well. I was even taking them out to the garden to collect herbs within a couple of days!

The saddest moment of 2012 was the death of my stepfather, Eric Quarmby OAM. His death certainly shocked the town of Taree and his funeral was beautiful. He was a Prison Officer and the Superintendant of Long Bay Gaol for a long time. Eric was honored with a Prison Officer’s Guard of Honour at the funeral and a drummer led the hearse away. My family will certainly miss hearing those stories of how he ‘dealt’ with some of Australia’s most famous and notorious criminals.

The most fun time for me was being on Tour with the ‘Sexy on Raw’ brand travelling with Philip McCluskey. I love travelling so to be able to combine my passions of teaching people how to prepare good food and travel at the same time was pure heaven. Meeting so many inspiring people is really refreshing and always a reminder to check in with who you are. Then to arrive in an unknown place, find produce then create something out of nothing for demos really does make things as real as possible. There were definitely challenges at times cancelled out by having such a fun attitude. I must make special mention to a wonderful new friend, Irena Dujic. Irena supported us, believed in us, made us laugh when we took things too seriously & worked tirelessly throughout the whole experience. Irena thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Also a huge thank-you to all of my gorgeous friends and family for your love and support, I know I drive you all mad at times but ‘whatever’.

In 2012 I will share many more of my behind the scenes stories with you because I know that what everyone wants to hear!

I have been going within of late which is why I have been absent so I can discover what direction feels right for me to go in for 2012.

Over the Christmas break this year I have been quite sick with the flu. I have smashed through so many personal obstacles of late that had been holding me back for some time. So right on cue my body eliminates these emotions through the flu. I have been eating lots of raw food & drinking my daily green smoothies so I am taking care of myself. I even ate a t-bone steak so my mother would be satisfied I am taking care of myself.

I’ve decided to post what I would love & intend in my life for 2012 as a symbol. Please feel free to share with me what it is you would like more of in your life.
Move into a new home, a relationship, more travel, surrender to Creator more, explore new directions with my work, publish my cookbook, continue receiving abundance, prosperity and wealth in every area of my life - everyday, create an edible garden, accept more love into my life, have a regular belly laugh. Be grateful for all of the people and things in my life.

I wish every single one of you a really magical 2012 and I am looking forward to connecting and meeting more you in 2012.

With blessings of love and abundance

J-A xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment