Thursday, March 3, 2011

Time away..

Hi All,

This week has been yet another busy week but not necessarily because of work! It was my birthday last Monday so it has been busy going out to lunch, dinners & just having fun. I also decided to go to my home town of Taree for a few days on the spur of the moment & I am so glad I did.

I was so excited to finally see some of the local produce on the shelves of the local shops! This is a huge feat. I'm from an area that is rich in Dairy Farming & the products that come from the milk. There is abundant supply of fresh fruit & veggies of all descriptions & it is incredibly abundant with some of Australia's most divine seafood. It is also an area reknown for selling Oysters & Prawns but as a local you can't buy any. I know totally outrageous as instead they are exported overseas. For years I have tried to buy local oysters from local fish shops & the co-ops & all I could ever get are bottled ones! YUK...
I stand corrected you can take your own oysters off the rocks & open them yourselves! Not everyone really wants to do this, surprise, surprise eh? :)

I also managed to have a meeting with a woman who owns a prestigious Cooking School in the area, also a last minute thing! It was wonderful so I am going to be working with her & creating some amazing Cooking Workshops with her & yes some non-cooking workshops as well. We have some wonderful ideas to put into place so I shall keep you all informed. I'm even more excited as I will be able to spend more time in the area! Of all the places I have travelled around the world I still think the Mid North Coast of NSW is one of the most beautiful & opulent places I have been to. I feel so blessed & lucky to be able to call it home.

2011 is fast becoming an extraordinary year for The Chef in Heels as so many things are in motion. The end of this year I will teaming up with my good friend Philip McCluskey as we launch an incredible Tour around Australia combining both of our expertise. See Philip's website here: www.lovingraw.com
Details will be released mid year.

Now it is time for me to design some Menu's for an upcoming client's Dinner Party so until next week have a fabulous week.

With love

J-A xo

Julie-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment