Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Adding to Margaret Fulton's Comments

Hi,

Known as the Matriach of Australian cooking Margaret Fulton lashed out all the latest reality Cooking Shows flooding Australian TV last week.
Margaret  points out that these newly famous people who consider themselves instant Chef's are 'boring' to watch because they haven't got a clue as to what they are doing. And I agree.

She also says "I've seen enough people not cook well. I don't want to watch people very pleased with what they're doing but doing everything wrong"

I've had so many people ask me what are my thoughts on the matter & this is what I think.



I haven't really been watching much of the Master Chef series as I too find it 'boring' at times. Ok so I admit I did enjoy the travel aspect of the last series but the judges on it really annoy me. What I see are a couple of arrogant Chef's suddenly getting lots of fame & voila their ego's explode & for me they are unbearable to watch. Now this is only my opinion. Obviously the majority of the Australian public completely disagree! I find it really annoying when the judges stand over the contestant's shoulders & just go "mmm.." sometimes pulling faces to the camera then moving on.

Ok the contestants are doing something wrong, nothing wrong with that.

But, now come on seriously, why the heck can't they give the contestants advice & tell them what they are doing wrong. Surely, don't you think this would be so much more beneficial to everyone learning from someone else's mistakes? How about some of  these ego driven judges put their skills to good use instead of prancing around the kitchen trying to look good for the camera. Come on get in amongst the heat!

I do agree in parts with what Mrs Fulton has said for sure & find it all quite amusing really. I was at The Taste of Sydney last week in Centennial Park, Sydney & loved it. Manu one of the judges from My Restaurant Rules had a stand with his restaurant there so I of course had to try his Raspberry Bavarois. Manu, I was so, so disappointed it was really horrible. It certainly wasn't a typical French Bavarois, instead it was a horrible raspberry rubbbery mousse. We could have bounced it off the walls. I have heard him critique his contestants so come on practice what you preach!

Bring back Curtis Stone I say... :)

Until next week.

Au Revoir & Bon Apetit

With love

J-A xoxo

Julie-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment