Saturday, January 29, 2011

It got a little too cold & dark in the kitchen

Hi There & Welcome,

It is another divinely hot Summer's day here in Sydney & I have to confess I have just eaten another luscious bowl of big fat cherries. Oh man I love cherries!
Looks like my body has needed a dose of antioxidants & cleansing foods. And it has been getting plenty!

The Chef in Heels has been through some interesting changes of late. And I have to say all of these changes have been for the better. I have learnt so many amazing things as well. Especially the correlation between stress & weight gain. Far out. I was unfortunately someone who was the recipient of massive weight gain over the last 12 months & it was awful. OMG how on earth could that happen to someone who helps people successfully lose weight through what they eat? I felt myself losing sight more & more of my purpose in life. In fact I think there were times I didn't even know what the heck my purpose was any more. I had been totally consumed in all the most unhealthy things for me. And it wasn't just food I'm talking about here.

But alas, the beginning of this year is indeed the beginning of a new year & a new decade & many more wonderful new beginnings.

With all that I have learnt in recent times I am really excited to say that it has allowed me to be what I think is a better Chef & Coach. And by that I mean being more compassionate to my current & new clients, to those who really do have genuine difficulties with food in whatever form that takes for them. So far I am proud to say I have already released 7kg since the New Year began. All within 4 weeks! What have I done differently? Of course a few things but honestly nothing too dramatic. However, the major change is being able to recognise & manage stress much better. Recognising it & before it tries to strike again in an unhealthy way. My diet hasn't really changed too much which may surprise some. One of my major frustrations was I've never been a fan of junk food so it wasn't all the crap food that made me put on weight nor the sugary drinks. Why did it happen? More on my findings another time as I am still using myself as my own guinea pig...

Fortunately all of that is all behind me now, way behind me. Now I am venturing into this new decade with great excitement & anticipation. I am already meeting new people who I admire & can learn from, collaborating joint ventures with, so now I become even more knowledgeable in what I love to do. There of course are people like you who really do inspire me to move & stretch the boundaries when life calls for it. Sometimes the only times you can really help someone is when you have walked in similar shoes to them. I can proudly say I can help even more of you who need assistance because of my recent experiences. It is always so much easier to help people when you are living your true purpose & I have once again found my true purpose with clarity & passion. And I love it!

Yes it can certainly get hot & steamy in the kitchen & it can also get dark & cold.

Until next time.

Blessings & abundance to each & every one of you.

With love

Julie-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment