Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What a week..

Over the last few weeks I have been organizing a function that turned out to be for 100pax for dinner. Man it has been ages since I have done that as I normally prefer not to cater such big events.
For a dinner that began with 30 people ended up turning into 100 people within a few short weeks. A massive project in the end with lots of changes from go to woe..
The location was stunning at Lindesay House in Darling Point, Sydney. The views are spectacular & the House was built in the 1800’s. Still owned by the National Trust it is kept in it’s original state. Just beautiful. For all you Sydney siders it is well worth taking a look.
I had forgotten how much fun I have with Staff on such auspicious occasions. The kitchen & waiter teams were amazing & we all worked our butts off from 3pm – 2am. Some worked longer some worked less hours.
The planning always pays off as I am a stickler with details. Reknown for my lists, the way I see it is everyone knows what to do & so perfection becomes easier to achieve!
I fell into bed at the end of the evening only still to be running on adrenaline so couldn’t sleep!
We had some hilarious & great moments which I will share next post.
Chow
J-A xo

No comments:

Post a Comment