Friday, October 8, 2010

Other Benefits of a Head of Celery..

Ok so most us know the benefits of eating celery which is keeping us healthy. Celery is a wholesome food & helps release excess fluids & toxins as well as giving temporary relief from aches & pains soon after eating a stalk.
But, have you ever thought about a head of celery being a handy weapon?
Perhaps not. I hadn’t until this particular day either..
Early on, I mean a couple of months into my apprenticeship I was introduced to the idea of how a whole head of celery can be a very handy weapon when needed!
I worked in a Hotel & had to go into the massive cool room for some produce. Now back in those days the guys thought it was really funny if a girl & a guy were ever in there at the same time so would shut the door & turn the light out. By the way it is very, very dark without the light on in a cool room.
So doing as I was told I went in & started collecting my produce then next thing I know a seedy, not altogether there kitchen hand rushed in so fast. Now this guy was reknown for having an eye for the girls. I heard laughter from outside then the door slammed shut & lights went out! uh oh, I thought. Then next thing I know the Spanish kitchen hand is muttering something in Spanish & suddenly right next to me hands starting to wander all over me. omg I couldn’t believe what was happening. Not being able to see a thing I reached out for something & whacked him in the head for self defence.
Well you should have heard him yell & mutter to himself with displeasure. Goodness know what Spanish swear words were coming out of his mouth. Next thing I know the door opens, light went on & he was complaining I hit him! Everyone knew exactly what he had tried to do! Mmmm… hysteria of laughter roared throughout the kitchen as he ran out from the cool room cursing while picking little leaves from all through his hair. In my desperate bid to fight him off I had grabbed a whole head of celery & whacked him! Ouch!
I was quite proud of myself & told the guys they ever do that again to me with him then they will cop a head of celery across the back of their heads!
How things have changed today & what a very different outcome it would be.
No harm was done, everyone had a laugh & the kitchen hand had a headache to remind him not to ever do that again!
Chow
J-A
Julie-Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment